<body> A touch of Sweetness
...PROFILE

Charis
Full-time christian hearts balloons, rainbows, ribbons and all pretty things

hearts

nic
nic the tripper
pearlyn
grace
steph
ada

...ARCHIVES
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • April 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • July 2008

  • ...CREDITS

    layout design, coding,  photo-editing,

    by ice angel



    Brushes- 1| 2| 3

    Monday, March 10, 2008






















    Those judged undesirable by everyone else—like the prodigal son—are infinitely desirable to God. When one of them turns to God, a party breaks out (Luke 15:22-24).


    I like this picture very much because my parents look so adorable - that explains the collage. My dad is definitely not undersirable but he's a pre-believer, and i think he qualifies as a prodigal son - for the resilience he has wrt christainity. I can feel a breakthrough coming for him when he was miraculously healed in January. God's like the father in the parable, treating the son very graciously, but the son still chose to break away from God. God has poured out abundant mercy and grace towards my daddy, but daddy still choose to break away from God. Like all good endings, as per the parable, i know my daddy will come to Christ. I sought comfort in the verse as though my father has been rebellious to Christ, i know he's infinitely desirable and God's a gracious and generous God. I'm looking forward to the day when a party breaks out - at home.


    There was a hallowing principle between the clean and unclean. Jesus came to fulfill the OT laws and not to abolish them. In the past, the righteous pride themselves to be very holy, and there was an intolerance of the unholy. The principle was probably built to make a distinction, but Jesus changed the source to be one filled with grace and mercy. All of us have his grace and mercy. The grace and mercy of Jesus is not selective nor discriminatory. Because of his mercy and grace, we are all equal. The distinction is now blurred.


    I know i have the mercy and grace of God. I hope to extend it. :)




     -when are you coming back? ;